As New Year’s resolutions go, getting fit is right up there with losing weight and getting organized. We all aspire to get in better shape, and there is one hot Android app that can really help us get there – Endomondo Sports Tracker.
Endomondo acts as a personal trainer…except it’s free, and you don’t need to make an appointment with it.
Here are some of the most impressive features of the app:
- Real-time GPS tracking of time, distance, speed and calories burned
- Saved history of lap times and music playlists
- Heartrate monitor capability
- Audio feedback for every mile you finish
- Tracking of workout route on map
- Summary page for each workout session
Now, all this is great…
But what really sets this app apart from the rest is the way it connects you with your friends or workout buddies. It helps motivate you to keep at your exercise regimen, makes your workouts more fun, and even lets you get a little competitive. :) Here’s how Endomondo makes working out a social event:
- Get real-time pep talks from friends who can follow you live
- Share your workouts and lap times on Facebook
- Go head-to-head against a friend’s personal best time
- Download a local route and try to beat the current champion
- Use the new social widget to keep an eye on your friends’ latest activities and cheer them on
If you try Endomondo, remember that you can create a profile online at endomondo.com to store your workout data and take advantage of some extra tools and information. The Pro version of the Endomondo app also features some added functionality you may want to check out.
What Do You Think?
Have you tried Endomondo? Does it help you keep up with your fitness routine? Do you think it makes working out fun?
Got any other cool fitness apps to share??